- Board Certified, American College of Nurse-Midwives, 1995
- Graduated from The Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing, Hyden,Ky.1995
- Graduated from Barry University RN to BSN Transition Program, Miami Shores. Fl.1988
- Graduated from Jackson Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, Miami, Fl. 1979
- Fluent in English and in the process of learning Spanish
Laura is a native Floridian, born and raised in South Florida. She attended her undergraduate education at Jackson Memorial School of Nursing in 1979 and continued with her B.S.N. at Barry University, graduating in 1988. She attended Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing, one of the oldest and most respected schools of Nurse-Midwifery in the country. Laura graduated in 1995.
Laura has a background in High Risk Critical Care Obstetrics from the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center and assisted in the development of the Critical Obstetrical Program. Laura has worked at SouthEast Perinatal in Maternal Fetal Medicine as an ARNP. Laura also had the unique experience of planning, developing, and managing Palmetto General Hospital’s Maternity Care Center in the early 1990’s.
If Laura’s not at the office she is spending time with family, friends and her “furry child” Bella. She can also be found in her organic vegetable and flower garden.